Summary of Work
Persons assigned to positions in this class are responsible for providing health care services to prevent and treat mental illness and maintain behavioral health, as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or a Physician Assistant (PA).
Work with and independently of physicians to provide health care for patients. Perform physical examinations; perform health assessments; compile health data to include health history; make a determination of health care status and needs. Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify, assess, and plan interventions for patient's health care needs. Determine priority of health care and medical treatment. Initiate health care interventions and medical treatment, including prescribing medications and treatments as authorized by the advanced registered nurse practitioner license; provide follow-up and reassessment to determine health care status and needs.
Provide health care interventions to address health maintenance needs. Instruct and counsel patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance needs.
Physician Assistant - Provides health care services under the direction of a licensed physician.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse with licensure as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner by the North Dakota Board of Nursing. Or registration in another state and eligibility for advanced licensure in North Dakota. Licensure is a condition of employment. The employing agency will verify and document licensure upon appointment. We have a 'preference' for an individual who has achieved their psychiatric certification as an NP or is willing to obtain their psychiatric certification with possible assistance from the employer, while being employed.
Physician Assistant (PA) - Requires graduation from an AMA approved Physician Assistant Program, certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and employment contract registration with the North Dakota Board of Medical Examiners. We have a 'preference' for an individual who has achieved their psychiatric certification as a PA or is willing to obtain their psychiatric certification with possible assistance from the employer, while being employed.
Must successfully complete a standard background and criminal record check.
Psychiatric Nursing Certification Preferred.
* Please provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided in your online application.
* Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
* The Department's Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
* The Department of Human Services does not offer or provide sponsorships. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
* All application material must be received on the closing date by 11:59 pm or before the closing date.
* A copy of your qualifying degrees transcript and any applicable certifications or licensures must be provided at the time of an interview.
For more information or if you need an accommodation, Please Contact: Eduardo Yabut
Employing Unit: Medical Staff
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-###-#### (text); 1-800-###-#### (voice)
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Application Process or uploading attachments , please contact ...@nd.gov or (701)###-####
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. ?? 23-12-10.
Associated topics: anesthetist, anesthetist crna, arnp c, bsn, certified nurse midwife, family, fnp, midwife, np, nurse practitioner