Summary of Work
This position exists to provide leadership, direction, management and coordination of the State HIT office, located within the Information Technology Department (ITD). This position serves at the pleasure of the North Dakota Health Information Advisory Committee (HITAC). A public / private partnership of healthcare stakeholders charged with expanding the secure exchange of health information in North Dakota. This position works in collaboration with the HITAC to maintain relationships with public and private partners/stakeholders for the purpose of insuring coordination of electronic information systems strategic and operational planning, development, implementation and exchange of information that meets national privacy and security standards, policies and timelines.
Duties and Tasks
* Provide leadership, vision, and direction of the HIT Office in collaboration with the HIT Advisory Committee.
* Coordinate research and analysis for establishing and maintaining a vision, perspective and choices for current and future statewide data and information systems.
* Identify new funding opportunities to support the continued planning, design, development, and implementation of the NDHIN and other related HIT projects in North Dakota; and direct the preparation of all necessary components of proposals/applications.
* Present data, study findings and recommendations to the HITAC, Stakeholder work groups, state agencies (e.g. ITD, DOH, DHS), legislators and other partners/stakeholders to support the statewide healthcare information system decision-making process.
* Serve as the State lead for HIT/HIE and participate in state, regional and national health meetings focused on HIT/HIE.
* Coordinate statewide activities related to the implementation of HIT/HIE in North Dakota in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of health data collection, analysis and use to improve the health of individuals and their communities.
* Coordinate resources and activities to assist with readiness assessments of public and private health care entities to implement electronic information systems that meet federal and state requirements and fit within the state HIE plan.
* Collaborate with federal standards and policy committees to develop common data reporting formats and methods of transmission within ND and across state borders for all pertinent health data.
* Provide training and information on ONC and other state and federal administrative and technical requirements for system interoperability and secure data exchange using the Web and other communication methods.
Requires a 4-year degree in public policy, health informatics, information systems, or related field and 7 years of related work experience within the healthcare industry (three years preferably spent with a focus on Health Information Technology (HIT) or health information exchange (HIE), i.e. implementing or managing health information systems). Successful applicant must have a minimum of three years of program or project management experience and staff management responsibilities.
Preference will be given to applicants with the additional following qualifications:
* Master's degree in above mentioned fields.
Applicants are screened based on qualifications, successful completion of the interview process and a background and criminal investigation. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Information Technology Department does not provide Sponsorships.
Application package must be received by 11:59 PM on the closing date listed on the opening.
Documents to be submitted:
* Cover Letter
Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran's preference must attach Form DD214. Claims for disabled veteran's preference must include a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran's Affairs Office with the application for employment.
Anyone needing assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process please contact Darla, Information Technology Department: E-mail: ...@nd.gov phone: (701) ###-####, fax: (701) ###-#### or TTY: 1-800-###-#### or local at (701) ###-####.
* Learn more about ITD at: >
* Learn more about Employment Benefits at: >
* Visit North Dakota State government: >
Job Announcement Status can be viewed at: >
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. ? 23-12-10.
Associated topics: artificial intelligence, chip, c#, c c++, computer engineering, computer science, electrical, electronic, machine learning, processor