SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Maintains direction of kitchen staff members to ensure daily goals and tasks are being met. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality work environment.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Works with Kitchen Manager to ensure that all budget expenses are within limits.
- Keeps General Manager/Kitchen Manager informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
- Identifies ways to improve and streamline operation.
- Maintains a clean and safe facility.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Selects and maintains communication with vendors providing restaurant equipment and supplies.
- Completes walk thru and temperature checks in the kitchen.
- Assists in ordering food, produce, liquor and restaurant supplies.
- Assists in receiving deliveries and checks paperwork to ensure receipt of items and directs staff to stock items.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED:
- Extensive standing, without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30' wide.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times.
- Bending, reaching, walking.
- Communicating with guests if needed.
- Operating cash register.
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
- At least six months prior experience in hospitality work; culinary education and/or experience a plus.
Associated topics: cafe, chef, commercial, commercial kitchen, dining chef, kitchen, pantry, pastry, pastry chef, sous chef