Position Summary: The Sales & Service Assistant is responsible for supporting all aspects of the branch operations from product handling to maintaining inventory, along with customer service for both walk in and phone/electronic sales in a friendly, fast-paced team environment.
Lead: Indicates an elevated level of responsibility in the primary role, including training and oversight of day-to-day duties of Sales & Service Assistant employees.
* Ensure that the highest level of customer service and ethics are followed.
* Address and resolve all customer requests and/or complaints utilizing a positive, creative approach.
* Assist customers and respond to inquiries in a timely manner with good selling skills.
* Provide customer support with technical product information.
* Generate and maintain accurate required documentation.
* Estimate date of delivery to customer based on current inventory levels, supplier availability and/or production schedule.
* Make outbound lead follow up to potential and existing customers utilizing various methods including: phone, email, mail and fax.
* Participate in required product training to build required product knowledge.
* Collaborate with all appropriate departments and personnel to ensure customer satisfaction
* Receive products, including unloading, verifying & receiving into system.
* Allocate, distribute, pull/pick product in proper location.
* Package and stage materials or products for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
* Ship products utilizing various methods from national carriers to customer vehicles.
* Assist with inventory control and cycle counting.
* Administer quality control, insuring damaged product is not received or sent.
* Assembly production involving building small to large hoses, operating swagers, etc.
* Fabrication and use of complex machinery for kitting manufacturing may be required.
* Complete forklift/safety orientation course(s); operate forklift as needed
* Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
* Comply with all company rules, policies and procedures.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Good customer service and communication skills are required.
* Basic computer skills including use of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), with a willingness to learn new software programs. Experience with Epicor Prophet 21 a plus.
* The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide required.
* Detail oriented with solid organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
* Must be a good listener with above average reasoning ability and make minimal mistakes.Must be a good learner whom can assimilate product knowledge and skills as they are presented.
* Experience with industrial distribution, preferably fluid power components preferred. Familiarity with industrial and hydraulic hose and fittings, especially Parker Hannifin a plus.
* Mechanical background and forklift certification (applicable state certification) are a plus.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people and personalities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Job requires frequent lifting up to 70 pounds, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, pushing, pulling, constantly walking/standing on cement flooring and climbing ladders as needed. Work environment may vary including: warehouse containing moving equipment, fluctuating temperature and inventory in various storage arrangements, office work, manufacturing, machine shops, agricultural operations, and any other specific business operations of current or potential customers.
The physical demands and work environment reflected are representative of those encountered by employees when performing the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Commensurate with skills and experience.
Along with a competitive salary, MFCP offers attractive benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Investment Plan, Life Insurance and Paid holidays/vacation/sick time.
Candidates are subject to pre-employment criminal background, drug screen and DMV record review, along with possible reference checks.
\"We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.\" This Employer Participates in E-Verify.
Associated topics: casualty, insurer, insurance, insurance agent, insurance field, insurance sales agent, life, life insurance agent, life insurance sales, medicare