CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division. We are looking for a Crop Scout Intern. You will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers monitoring fields to identify weed, insect, and disease problems. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Assist Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
* Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
* Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer
* Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services
* Assist with sales and product delivery to customers.
* Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
* Learn how to maintain equipment and facility.
* Assist other departments as needed.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
* Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
* Agriculture experience or background
* Previous internship